Friday, January 31, 2014

Mustard Tilapia (Tori Macha)!!

Last few weeks has been extremely busy at work. Now that things have slowed down a little, I thought to treat Friday with my favorite dish, Mustard Fish. It's been years since I haven't cooked Mustard Fish even though I love it. The fact that I was not able to find fish that is required for this recipe always stopped me from making it. And yes I never thought about being creative because I wanted Mustard Fish to be just like back home. However, I sadly had to come out of my comfort zone for Mustard Fish. I chose Tilapia fish and the end result surprisingly was delicious. I still miss the kind of fish back home but I have found and realized that Tilapia can be the best substitute :) So, if you like fish but do not like bones bothering you, try this recipe of Fish Mustard.


Good Luck (*)













Prep time: 15min(s) Cook time: 20min(s) Total time: 35min(s)  

Things you will need:

  • Tilapia fish (or any other kind) (2 lbs)
  • Oil (5 table spoons)
  • Turmeric (1 tea spoon)
  • Red Chili Powder (1 table spoon)
  • Meat Masala (1 table spoon)
  • Cumin-Coriander Powder (2 table spoon)
  • Fresh Mustard Powder (2 table spoons)
  • Lime Juice (3 table spoons)
  • Cinnamon Leaves (2)
  • Schezwan Powder (1/2 table spoon)
  • Tomatoes (3 medium sized; finely chopped)
  • Onion (1 medium sized, thinly sized)
  • Salt (according to taste)
  • Fenugreek seeds (1 tea spoon)
  • Dill seeds (1 tea spoons)
  • Cumin seeds (1 tea spoons)
  • Ginger-Garlic paste (1 table spoon)
  • Cloves (3-5)
Directions:
  1. Cut fish according to the size you want and add 2 pinches of salt, 1 table spoon of meat masala and a table spoon of lime juice. Mix everything well and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
  2. Once Fish is marinaded, heat 2 table spoons of oil and pan fry the fish.
  3. Heat oil and add cinnamon leaves, fenugreek, cumin, and dill seeds. Then add onions and fry until golden brown.
  4. Add tomatoes and all of the remaining ingredients, except fried fish.
  5. Cook the mixture for 2 minutes and add 2 cups of water. Once water becomes gravy in consistency add fish.
  6. Stir once (make sure to be delicate with your hands so that fish do not break apart). Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
  7. Serve with bread or rice. Enjoy :)>-