Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Nepali Style Semolina Pudding (Suji ko Halwa) Recipe :)

Today I was craving for something sweet. I was tired of eating spicy meals everyday and therefore wanted to give my taste buds as well as my tummy a break. I had bought Suji (Semolina) to make pani puris and as soon as I saw it, I decided to make Suji Halwa. Back home my mom used to make it once in a while. I wanted to recreate something like that and as always with a little twist, I was able to make this crazy delicious Suji Halwa. I will post recipe of Wheat Halwa (my personal fav) in future post, until then enjoy step by step process to make Suji Halwa :)
Love this :D
 

Prep time: 5min(s) Cook time:20min(s) Total time: 25min(s)  

Things you will need:
  • Suji (3 cups)
  • Cashews (6-7, halved and sliced)
  • Coconut (3 table spoons, finely sliced)
  • Raisins (2 table spoons)
  • Cardamom Powder (2 table spoon)
  • Milk (5 cups)
  • Sugar (1/2 cup, add more if you like halwa to be sweeter)
  • Water (2 cups, if required)
  • Ghee (4 table spoons)
  • Cloves (5, grounded)
Directions:
  1. On a deep utensil add sugar and milk. Cook it on a small to medium heat until it becomes slightly sticky.  
  2. Heat Ghee and add raisins, coconut, cloves, cashews, and cardamom powder. Fry until golden brown.
  3. Add Suji and fry until golden brown. Stir periodically.
  4. Add milk mixture from step 1. Stir and cook for 7-8 minutes.
  5. Add water. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.  
  6. Done simple as that and yummy like nothing else >:D<