Easy Dashain/Bhai tika Gift idea : Chocolate truffles :)
Writing a blog post from Nepal =)) As I said in my post earlier, I am still immature when it comes to baking. And that is why I always opt for easy ones. Every once in a while I crave for chocolates and there is no reason for me to buy all those fancy looking expensive chocolates if I can make one. The following recipe is so simple and makes a great gift in every occasions. So, do not buy, instead make one and make your loved ones and yourself special ;;)
Things you will need:
* Oreo Cookies (1 Packet)
* Cream Cheese (1, 8 ounces)
* Semi-Sweet Chocolate (3 packet)
* Shredded Coconut (2 table spoon)
1. Finely mash cookies with your hand (I used a heavy dish) or grind it on a food processor.
2. Microwave cream cheese until it melts and mix it in the mashed cookie.
3. Mix everything well and make small rounds. You do not have to be perfect; just make whatever shapes/ sizes you want.
4. Refrigerate the balls for around 10-15 minutes.
5. In the meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave for 2 minutes ( chocolates burn really fast so be careful)
6. Dip cookie balls in the melted chocolate and put it on a plate covered with aluminum sheet. Also, sprinkle the shredded coconut on wet chocolate balls.
7. Refrigerate it for 1 hour and relish the smoothness afterwards :)